Mid-Level Environmental Scientist
Location: Denver, NC
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech is currently seeking a Mid-level Environmental Scientist who can apply their technical expertise to help find solutions to a varied range of complex and interesting water resources challenges. This position would report to our Research Triangle Park, NC location.
What You'll Do:
We are in search of a highly motivated candidate to join our dynamic team of scientists and engineers to support municipal, state, and federal projects across the United States. This is an engaging and high impact professional position where you will work closely with national industry leaders to support our clients with projects across the water resources spectrum. Projects tackled by the environmental assessment team can range from evaluation of potential impacts from wastewater treatment plant expansions with computer modeling (and occasional monitoring) and finding innovative ways to use geographic information systems (GIS) to assess opportunities for stormwater best management practices (BMPs) and impacts associated with onsite wastewater (septic) systems. In this role you will have the opportunity to work as a team member to support routine and non-routine assignments related to environmental project solving, compliance, and planning projects of substantial variety and complexity, typically under the direct supervision of a Project or Program Manager.
Your Role and Responsibilities will include:
- Developing technical analyses to support water pollution evaluation and reduction activities at federal, state, and local levels
- Analyzing large environmental and water quality datasets
- Supporting development of various watershed and water quality model applications to assist problem solving
- Synthesizing information and developing deliverables and technical written products (reports, training modules, research summaries, PowerPoint presentations)
- Implementing QA/QC policies/procedures to meet federal and state research requirements
What We Can Offer You:
- A bachelor's degree in biology, environmental science, ecology, environmental engineering, or a related field is required, master's degree is preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience in environmental science, environmental consulting, or a nexus industry
- Highly dependable, detail-oriented, professional, team-player, flexible, and efficient
- Knowledge of federal and state water and/or wastewater legislation and regulations
- Professional experience related to water and/or wastewater quality standards, nutrients, environmental policy, watershed planning, point source discharge permitting and control, and nonpoint source pollution assessment and control
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software applications (e.g. ArcGIS, CAD, hydraulic and/or water quality modeling like QUAL2K, HEC-RAS, SWMM, EFDC, CE-QUAL-W2, BATHTUB, CORMIX)
- Excellent research, literature reviews, technical writing skills, and verbal communication skills/experience
- Able to handle multiple tasks/projects and deliver on time
- Willingness to learn new skills and excitement to tackle a wide variety of projects
- Experience in project management with the ability to pursue and win new work
About Tetra Tech:
- Collaborative work environment with fellow scientists, engineers, and hydrologists in both our local RTP office and across Tetra Tech
- Ability to apply your technical, scientific, engineering, and modeling skills to meaningful projects that make a difference in the environment, climate, and human health
- Opportunity to assist in marketing new work, aid in expansion of client base, grow environmental assessment service line, and drive the team's progress
- Flexibility that allows a healthy work-life balance
- Competitive benefits package, professional registration reimbursement, professional associations, learning/development opportunities
- Opportunity to work remotely, hybrid, or in office
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 470 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-22,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at www.tetratech.com/careers.
Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Facebook: @TetraTechCareers Tetra Tech
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com
to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please no phone calls or agencies.