Manager I, Inside Sales
Location: Houston, TX
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Manager I (ISM) is to drive disciplined application of our Sales Process collaborating with all stakeholders (including all levels of Inside Sales, Outside Sales, operations, management, and marketing). By driving this process, the ISM is expected to:
- Develop and advance customer relationships prior to opportunity identification (Opening Game)
- Work with the capture team to strategically position us for specific opportunities (Middle Game)
- Develop high-quality, opportunity-specific response documents/presentations/interviews with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy customer business goals (End Game).
The ISM takes responsibility for deliverables and activities for opportunities of all sizes in all phases of the sales process, as well as facilitates the completion of deliverables and activities owned by others through proper alignment/communication and/or escalation as required. The ISM collaborates with Sales, Marketing, and Operations to develop distinctive value propositions that enhance our customers' competitive position. The ISM drives the organization to maintain accurate and updated account management and opportunity information on CSP. Responsibilities:Strategic, Marketing, and Opening Game
- Support Sales Leads and Operations in key Opening Game activities, e.g. customer, competitor and market research, development of Core Customer Strategies, participation in 10:1s, development of Executive Summaries and White Papers, and participation in Sprint campaigns.
- For the industry sectors pursued by your office, develop an understanding of our corporate, regional and office qualifications including technical, managerial, commercial and competitive strengths that differentiate us in the marketplace.
- Actively work with sales and operations to develop and implement Middle Game action plan, e.g. document due diligence in project brief, develop Win Plan (G to VP), SWOT analysis, and Executive Summary, Go/No Go and strategy review, identify execution team.
- Plan, organize and direct all elements of End Game, e.g. analyze customer request, develop response plan (B&P budget, response team, compliance check-list, response outline, schedule), support Go/No Go, conduct Pink Team, conduct kick-off meeting, manage and work with team to develop response sections, refine Executive Summary, conduct in-progress reviews, prepare Red Team package, incorporate Red Team input, ensure on-time delivery of response.
- Works with inside/outside sales and operating segments to identify response requirements and develop a realistic approach and schedule for the response, and monitor progress against plan.
- Translate the Win Strategy into key themes and drive them into sales documents through a disciplined storyboarding process that articulates compelling sales messages with benefits statements, graphics, and proofs.
- Work with Sales Lead and Capture Manager/Operations to develop B&P estimate, gain approval, regularly monitor B&P spending, and report any significant variances.
- Work with Capture Manager/Operations to develop innovative solutions, or leverage corporate network to identify existing capabilities, that respond to customer challenges and create a distinctive competitive advantage.
- Liaise with Outside Sales and the Leadership Team to capture and develop the strategy.
- Organizes and participates in response-related meetings (internal and/or customer), as appropriate.
- Coordinates response reviews and approvals.
- Manage the successful development of compliant, competitive, and compelling Proposals, RFIs, Pre-qualifications, and EOIs through effective collaboration across teams that include internal staff, other business lines and or outside partners/suppliers.
- Analyze the customer RFP main requirements and communicate them to the proposal team and management.
- Develop a professionally produced proposal within customer defined timeframes and requirements.
- Ensure the completed proposal aligns with the customer requirements and the RFP, contains the win themes, is correctly formatted and approved by the location management team.
- Manage bid clarification process and maintain register to track clarifications during bid and post-bid.
- Assist on major proposals that are highly complex bids that may cross multiple offices, business streams, be joint ventures, or be large values, in excess of $100M.
- Participate in the handover of successful proposals to the project team.
- Prepares written and graphical elements of sales opportunity response documents such as proposals, qualifications and presentations.
- Coordinates production of response documents (printing, copying, binding, shipping)
What you will bring Technical and Industry Experience:
- Lead by example, HSE program to promote an incident and injury free culture. Be proactive in ensuring health and safety of opportunity team throughout.
- Develop and maintain sales collateral materials including project descriptions, experience matrices/overviews, safety and quality statistics, capability statements, etc. Specifically work with Operations to capture and develop performance proofs and customer testimonials. Manage the knowledge database locally and globally as required to support the continuous and effective performance of the team.
- Share sales materials, information, knowledge and best practices with other Inside Sales team members company wide.
- Ensure that all sales documents comply with our brand and customer confidentiality requirements.
- Ensure sales process close-out procedures comply with corporate assurance requirements.
- Provide support to Global Sales e.g. timely preparation of press releases, providing input to our Annual Report, and support of Global Sales initiatives as appropriate.
- Coach Inside Sales Coordinators (ISCs) in the sales process, Inside Sales strategic concepts, and specific functional skills; demonstrate leadership through efficient deployment and development of ISCs on opportunities owned by ISM.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training: Required: Preferred:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SharePoint online, and Adobe software suite; technology savvy.
- Fundamental knowledge of commercial, contractual, and execution models and risks
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English (and other languages, as applicable).
- High tolerance in working under pressure, handling multiple tasks with strict deadlines while maintaining focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to maintain strong relationships with senior management and peers while pushing for positive schedule, quality, and strategic outcomes.
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Critical thinker; able to pose relevant questions to enable completion of low-definition tasks.
- Reliable, hands-on team player.
- Ability to effectively manage own time and ability to work overtime when necessary.
- Expected to operate with minimal supervision, prioritizing own workload and proactively informing the Sales Management of workload issues.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, open, service minded and spontaneous working attitude and communication style.
- Ability to protect sensitive and proprietary information.
- Committed to quality and company values.
What we offer you
- Bachelor's degree with MBA. Similar working level obtained through relevant job experience may be accepted in lieu of degree level education.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Sales and Project Management.
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley. Please note: No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.