Location: Duncan, SC
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At Wabtec Passenger Transit site, our focus is on manufacturing high quality Braking and Coupler systems for the Mass Transit industry. This position is beginner to intermediate level and is responsible for the assembly of fabricated parts, components or units at floor stations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Disassemble and assemble components by utilizing hand and power tools according to product specification as assigned. Adheres to standard work. Performs this work with limited oversight.
- Perform disassembly, clean, requalification, rework and assembly operations on component utilizing manual equipment and automated equipment in accordance with manufacturing and quality procedures.
- Inspect work completed on components to internal inspection criteria for compliance to quality or engineering requirements.
- Completes work in compliance with established standards, including process conformance and standard cycle time.
- Demonstrates awareness of safety requirements in assigned work areas and wears appropriate PPE for assigned work. Contributes to continuous improvement of safety culture in work areas.
- Completes raw material inspection and preparation for one or more product lines. Responsible for the quality of material processed, including defects that were created prior to receiving material. Performs this work with limited oversight.
- May test and calibrate parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product specifications.
- Follows all component handling procedures.
- Accepts training and coaching from supervisor
- Participates in environmentally appropriate workplace maintenance habits, including 5S.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- High School graduate, or general education degree preferred.
- Previous experience not required but prefer one year industry experience in manufacturing or transportation
- Possess basic math skills and ability to read and interpret blue prints.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Strategic and creative thinking to analyze issues that may arise, and create solutions.
- Ability to respond positively to feedback, and implement change in process and procedures as needed.
- General dexterity and proficiency in handling complex assembly tasks.
- Capability to use hand tools safely
- Capability to power tools safety as assigned.
- Physical performance of tasks as determined by leader.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.